Friday, August 1, 2008

An hour of my life I'll never get back...

Just spent an hour wandering through Barnes and Noble. I won't say there's nothing on the shelves, but I will say I've read everything I want to read...every other shelf is a collection of Anita Blake wannabes, Indian shaman in street clothes, ANOTHER alternate history of WWII and yet another pastiche of Tolkien.
I ended up with a copy of PC's for Dummies, the September issue of Fine Scale Modeler and an Official Scrabble Dictionary for my mom...
C'mon Mercedes, I wanna go back to Valdemar...
C'mon Weber, I wanna find out what happens when Anton and Victor go undercover on Mesa...
C'mon Somebody, publish something!!!

It's times like this when I know I should go back and fill in the gaps...like finish reading Asimov's Foundation...but I can't get excited about it...besides, the last time I tried to read Foundation, I really lost interest quickly. Unlike much of Asimov's stuff (See his robot books) Foundation seems to drag and drag and drag...
Of course, it could just be me...

OK. Gotta go and take a nap...I have to go back to Barnes and Noble at midnight with my two oldest daughters for the Stephanie Myers release party...

later.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I like you in that "skirt" baby.

TB

semperphi60 said...

www.utilikilt.com

Come to the dark side, we have ventilation...